Matar pulao (green pea rice)
- Basmati rice: 2cup
- Oil+ ghee: 2tbsp each
- Chopped Tomato: 1 medium
- Whole garam masala ( 3 stick cinnamon,4 green cardamom,2 clove, 1/2 tsp shahijeera, bay leaves: 1)
- Salt as needed
- Green peas: 2cup or less (frozen or fresh)
- garam masala powder: 1tsp
- Green chilies 2
- Chopped onion: 1cup
- Ginger garlic paste: 1tsp each
- Chicken stock: 3cup or (chicken cubes 2 mix with 3 cup water)
Wash the rice and soaked in water for 30 minutes (this is very important part for perfect rice). then drain completely.
Heat oil+ghee in a bowl, add onion and cook until golden. Now add whole garam masala and chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook until tomatoes soft.
Now add salt, ginger garlic paste, green chilies and mix well. add 3cup chicken stock and let it boil completely. Then add rice, peas and let it boil.
When the water is absorbed and rice is completely visible, turn the heat down to very low, cover and let it cook for 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat and Mix the rice. Let it sit for 5 mins before serving.
Serve hot with curries.