Chicken Seekh kabab
- chicken keema/minced chicken: 500mg (wash and drain excess water from chicken pieces before making /mincing keema)
- breadcrumbs: 1/4cup
- Beaten egg: 1
- Ginger garlic paste: 1tbsp each
- garam masala powder: 1tsp
- roasted Cumin and coriander powder: 1tsp each
- Red chili and black pepper powder: 1tsp each
- lemon juice: 1tbsp
- Melted Butter: 3tbsp
fried onion(beresta): 1/2cup
- Chopped mint and Coriander leaves: 2tbsp each
- Grated cheese: 2tbsp (optional, I used for extra juiciness)
- And sticks or wooden skewers around 10pieces
Mix all above ingredients together except breadcrumbs and cheese.
Now grind this mixture and make fine paste using grinder or food processor or shilpata.do not use extra water, mixture should be dry.
Now mix breadcrumbs and cheese with the keema mixture.
then wet your hands in water. take a handful of mixture and shape it over the sticks. refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
Heat 2tbsp oil on a frying pan and place the kabab over it. cover and cook on low flame until tender and every sides of each kabab brown in color (around 5 minutes each side).
For bbq flavor, take a piece of lighting coal and place it on a small steel bowl in the center of the pan, then add a few drops of ghee/ clarified butter to the lit coal and cover the pan so that the smoke is retained inside and gets absorbed by the kabab. Open the dish in 2 minutes and discard the coal.
Preheat the oven to 200C and place kabab pieces on a wire rack (brush some butter over all kababs). Take Baking tray, place wire rack on the top of it and bake the kabab for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes flip the kabab, brush some butter and again bake for 5 more minutes.
Grill the kabab pieces on a barbeque griller for about 10-15 minutes, till the kabab is cooked properly.