Deshi kachchi biryani:
- Mutton: 1kg (cut into medium pieces)
• Thick Yogurt – 1 cup
• Ginger garlic paste: 1tbsp each
• Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Coriander powder : 1 tsp
• Ghee : 1/4cup
• Green chilies: 5
• Make fine paste( 2 stick cinnamon,4 green cardamom,3 clove,1/2 nutmeg(jayfol) and 1/4tsp mace(jaitri), 1/2 tsp shahijeera)
- Kewra water: 1tsp
- Tomato sauce: 1tbsp
- Sugar: 1tsp
- Pinch of Food color (optional)
Wash the meat and drain all water.
Mix all the mutton marinates ingredients and marinate it for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Potato: 1/2 kg(cut into cubes)
- Turmeric powder:1/2tsp
- Red chilli powder:1tsp
Cut potato into big pieces.
Mix turmeric, salt and red chili powder with the potatoes.
Heat 1 cup oil on high heat in a pan and fry the potatoes for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Basmati/pulao rice: 4cup(3/4kg)
- Salt to taste
- Green chili: 4
- Ginger paste: 1tsp
- (Cardamom: 3(medium), cinnamon: 2, bay leaf: 2, Shahi jeera: 1tsp )
Heat 10 cup water in a bowl, add 1tbsp oil, ginger paste, and whole garam masala into the water bowl.
Wash rice and drain water. now add rice to this water when it is boiling. Cook until 50% done(5-6 minutes).drain water and set aside.
Preparing Biriyani layers:
- Fried onion: 1cup
- Powder milk: 1/4cup
- Rose water: 1tsp
- Pinch of Yellow food color
- Ghee: 2tbsp
Now take a heavy bottom pan or nonstick cooking saucepan and sprinkle 2tbsp oil all over the pan.
Place marinated mutton and spread cooked potatoes over it.
Now Spread 3/4cup fried onions, powder milk, raisins and nuts over the mutton.
Then spread rice over it all and spread ghee, rose water and pinch of food color on top.
Now Close the lid tightly of the saucepan and seal it with the flour dough.
Finally turn on the heat and start cooking over medium heat. After 10 minutes, lower the heat and cook it for 1 hour.
Turn off the heat and let it rest for 20 minutes over hot tawa.
Open the lid and mix the biryani before serving.