For kabsa masala:
- Coriander seeds: 1tsp
- Black cardamom: 3pieces
- Black pepper corn: 1tsp
- Fennel seeds: 1tsp
- Ginger powder: 1tsp
- Cloves: 5
- Red chili powder: 1tsp
- Bay leaves: 1
For mutton gravy:
- mutton: 2kg(medium pieces)
• Chicken/beef stock cube: 3 pieces or fresh chicken/beef stock: 3cup
• Chopped Tomato: 2cup
• Tomato puree: 1/2cup
• Butter or ghee: 1/4cup
• Chopped Onions: 2cup
• Paprika or Red chili powder: 1 tsp
• fresh Ginger garlic paste: 2tbsp each
• Bay leaves: 1
• Cumin powder: 1tsp
• Coriander powder: 1tsp
• Garam masala powder: 1tsp
• Cardamom: 5(medium), Cinnamon: 3 sticks, Cloves: 3
• black dried lime: 4 or lemon juice: 3tbsp
• Oil: 1/2cup
- Basmati rice or pulao rice: 8cup (washed and soaked for 30 minutes before cooking)
- Almonds, slivered or halved: 1/4cup
- Raisins: 1/4cup
- Fried onions(beresta): 1/2cup
Blend kabsa spices until smooth or crushed. Set aside.
Heat a saucepan and pour oil and ghee in it and add onion, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves and fry it until onions become golden. Add tomato pieces and fry it till it totally soft (4 minutes).
Then add black lime, ginger garlic paste, Chicken stock cube, tomato puree, cumin and coriander powder, garam masala and red chili powder and mix them well. Cook it for 2 minutes until mixing all the ingredients properly and oil separates. Add mutton pieces and mix well. Cover and cook on low flame until it tender. Now add crushed kabsa spices and mix with mutton.
Then pour 12 cup water into mutton gravy and let it boil.
Then add the soaked rice, adjust salt and cook on high flame till it brings to a full boil. Then Cover the lid and keep over very low heat for 20 minutes. (Don’t move the lid at these time…this is very important part for getting perfect rice)
Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp ghee and add toppings ingredients to it, fry till it turns light golden brown, Keep aside in a paper towel.
Now Place the mutton kabsa on a large serving dish & garnished with fried almonds, raisins.
Serve with a fresh mixed salad.