Chinese chilli fish
- Fish fillet : 1/2kg(cut into medium cubes)
- Egg white: 1
- Kashmiri Red chili powder/paprika: 1tsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 1tsp each
- flour: 2tbsp
- lemon juice: 2tbsp
Mix fish pieces with all other ingredients and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Heat 1 cup oil in a pan, and deep fry the marinated fish until crispy and golden.
Preparing fish gravy:
- Onion cubes: 1/2cup
- Capsicum cubes: 1 capsicum
- Chopped ginger and garlic: 1tbsp each
- tomato ketchup: 2tbsp
- soya sauce: 1tbsp
- chili sauce: 2tbsp
- lemon juice: 1tbsp
- vinegar: 1tbsp
- red chili paste: 1tsp
- paprika or kashmiri chili powder: 1tsp
- black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
- butter: 2tbsp
- sugar: 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp. corn flour mixed with 1/2 cup hot water
- green chilies: 4
Take a pan, fry onions, ginger-garlic in hot oil or butter for about 1 minute. Then add capsicum and fry for 2minutes more. Add tomato ketchup, vinegar, soya sauce, chili sauce, lemon juice, red chili paste, Kashmiri chilli powder, sugar, crushed black pepper, paprika and 1 cup of water, mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame. Stir occasionally, add fried fish and corn flour mixture and cook for another 3 minutes on low heat.
Sprinkle green chilies and adjust salt.
Now the chilli fish is ready. Serve hot with fried rice.